CHEESMAN PARK ART FEST 2021
Nov 26, 27, 28, 2021 | @ MANUEL LUJAN JR. EXHIBIT COMPLEX EXPO | ALBUQUERQUE, NM
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW…
DATES, TIMES, LOCATION
Nov 26, 27, 28, 2021
Friday 10-5, Saturday 10-5, Sunday 10-4
Manuel Lujan Jr. Exhibit Complex: Expo New Mexico, Albuquerque NM
- Free Wifi
- Booth sitters available
- On-site RV hookups available for exhibitors.
- Load-in and tear-down are a breeze with multiple large doorways on every side of the building, easy parking, and even help-for-hire available.
- Coffeecake each morning, plus coffee, tea, and treats throughout the day
- Thanksgiving dinner planned at a local restaurant, a popular artist tradition! Plus heavy appetizers on Thanksgiving day, plus coffee, tea and cocoa!
- Electricity is available for purchase and accessible from every booth location
- Parking passes provided for each exhibitor, as well as 4 free tickets to give to customers or friends
- Free shuttles provided to and from the parking lots
- Overnight security as well as security escorts to vehicles after closing
- Help for hire available during set-up and tear-down
- ‘Artist Relaxation Station’ with microwave, charging station and seating away from the crowds
BOOTH ASSIGNMENTS & MAP
SET UP & TEAR DOWN
- Wednesday November 24th from 9a-6p (check in by 5, complete load-in by 6:00 sharp, all doors secured.) | Thursday November 25th from 9a–4p (call or check-in by 1, complete load-in by 3:00 sharp, all doors secured). Exhibitors who we have not heard from at all by 1 pm on Thanksgiving Day may be considered a no-show.
- HOW IT WORKS Upon arrival, vendors will check in at the west entrance of the Manuel Lujan Building of Expo NM. Check-in packets include festival information, name badge(s), booth sign, a parking pass, and free admission passes. Load-in can take place through any of the venue’s overhead doors that line the perimeter. Please be cognizant if others are waiting for a space. Do not drop trailers in high-traffic areas. Load-in must be complete by 6pm on Wednesday and 3 pm on Thursday, when the building will be secured, but working in booths may continue.
- Tear down begins at 4:00 after close on Sunday evening. Please be cognizant and help to shuffle customers out of the building at close, security will be doing this as well. Overhead doors and building doors will be opened, and there’s plenty of parking.
ARTIST PARKING & SHUTTLE SCHEDULE
- During the show: During show hours you will need to have a parking pass (provided at check-in) to enter EXPO NM on show days. The pass will be in your check-in packet. Additional passes may be purchased from us for $7.50 each for booth assistants in advance and at the show. Daily parking, without a pass, is $5.00 per day – the parking attendants will not recognize you and may not let you in if you do not have your pass with you. Follow parking attendant instructions for where to park, but it’s typically behind the exhibit hall.
- Trailer Drop: If you have a trailer that you need to access during the show, once you are done unloading it please park it along the far East wall of the parking lot East of the Manuel Lujan Building, do not drop elsewhere without permission. If you DO NOT need to access your trailer during the show, please park in the RV parking lot near Gate 3 so we do not block our artist parking lot all weekend with empty trailers.
- Overnight: EXPO NM offers RV parking with or without hookups. The RV parking is in a designated area southwest of the Manuel Lujan Building. As you enter EXPO NM from San Pedro and turn east on Copper @ Gate 3, you will see the large lot to the right. It is easy to spot the hook ups near the chain link fence.
- Reserving Overnight @ Expo:
- If you have any questions or would like to reserve a spot, please call Expo New Mexico at 505-222-9707. There will be restrooms in the RV area unlocked for the duration of the Festival and there are showers available, though these facilities leave a lot to be desired. Approximate price $30-$40 per night.
GUIDELINES FOR SPACES & DISPLAY
- Make a splash! Holiday decorations are highly encouraged! Work that is presented attractively can be an important factor in sales as well as a positive contribution to the overall appearance of the show. Please plan your booth carefully and make sure it’s attractive and easy for customers to come in and look at your work.
- BYOW. Bring your own walls. Per application rules, artists may not rely on neighbors for sidewalls. Open shelving or grids should have a solid panel behind them. Exhibitors who do not provide partitions must rent pipe and draping from the Festival. Rentals are available in advance through BoothCentral; at the festival they are at a premium price. *Culinary Row vendors do not have to bring side partitions, but a back wall / drape is necessary.*
- Tent Structures Canopy frames may be used, but canopy walls or top are not a professional look for an indoor show. Tent tops may be burnt by the venue’s heaters.
- Tables Tables must be covered or skirted to the floor on all sides showing, with a suitable, professional looking cover.
- Signage Please display the artist sign with name, booth number and state that was provided at check-in. No “Sale” or “Discount” signs. All signs should look professional. No signs or flyers advertising other shows or businesses.
- Boundaries Displays must be contained within booth boundaries and may not interfere with adjacent booths or aisle space in any way. No overhangs, extensions, bins, or display items of any kind may be outside of the boundaries of the booth, especially if disruptive to traffic flow for neighbors. One exhibitor chair may be in the aisle adjacent to the booth. Please DO NOT set up exhibitor chairs or other belongings across from booth or in the common areas.
Storage Please conceal any storage areas, bins etc. from view, under a table or within one of our storage closets.
- Buy-sell will not be tolerated. No imports, manufactured items, or work that has been produced from kits, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial means can be sold by exhibiting artists and craftsmen in this show. Any commercially produced parts must play a subordinate role and be incorporated into the work. They may not be sold separately.
- Stay true to your application. For example, do not display jewelry in your booth if it was not submitted to the jury and accepted – or any other category that you were not juried in for. Festival management may ask you to remove anything that you were not juried in for – in which case full cooperation is expected.
- Reproductions must be marked. Prints and giclees must be represented as reproductions of work.
- Be present. Artist must be present at the festival to show and sell their work directly. Representatives are not permitted to attend in place of the artist. Representatives are okay in the culinary arts area.
- Common areas. In each hall, there is a ‘plaza area’ with AstroTurf, benches / tables so that customers may take a break and enjoy watching entertainment. These plaza areas are to be kept clear for foot traffic, they are not for hosting exhibitor chairs, registers or personal belongings.
- Kiddos. Children accompanying artists for the weekend must always be accompanied by an adult and may not roam freely around the festival. They are welcome to visit the Kid’s Creation Station for one hour per day. Also, please do not display objectionable items that are not fit for a family-friendly environment. Artists will be required to remove anything that isn’t fit for young eyes!
Service pets only. Pets are not permitted at the festival unless they are certified service pets accompanied by paperwork.
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING IMAGES
- Facebook & Instagram: We encourage you to tag us in your photos & posts as you prep, paint, sculpt, sketch… on Instagram, tag us with @riograndeartsandcrafts or #riograndeartsandcrafts .
- Marketing images: coming soon!
- Jury Fee is non-refundable. Through September 10, cancellation penalty will be $100. Sept 10 – October 15, cancellations will be refunded 50% of first half of booth fees. October 16-November 5, cancellations will be refunded 25% of total booth fees. November 6-25, cancellations will be refunded 10% of total booth fees. CC Fees are not refunded.